If we're being honest, we probably watch too much TV on a daily basis. We know characters, actors, plot lines, and useless trivia about some of our favorite shows.
But there's some characters who even though you THINK you know all about them, you probably couldn't spot them on the street. Costumes, makeup, and even just haircuts can all impact you ability to pick out a star.
These may not be the craziest transformations out there, but they certainly surprised me!
1. Simon Helberg as Howard Wolowitz on The Big Bang Theory
The awkward (yet lovable) Howard Wolowitz may be a goofy guy on TV, but in real life he's a suave dude and dad of two kids.
2. Taryn Manning as Tiffany 'Pennsatucky' Dogget on Orange Is The New Black
The meth-mouth inmate on the Netflix hit series is definitely not as broken down as her character. Manning is all about fashion and loving her own style.
3. Lena Headey as Cersei on Game of Thrones
Headey is practically unrecognizable in her every day life, and that's probably for the best. Game of Thrones is the most popular show on TV right now, and Headey can avoid crazy fans.
4. Millie Bobby Brown as Eleven on Stranger Things
The Emmy-nominated actress is only 13 years old, but she's already shot to stardom. Her long hair makes us remember she's not, in fact, an escaped science experiment but in fact a young teen.
5. Maisie Williams as Arya Stark on Game of Thrones
In the show, she's a bad-ass who bakes men into meat pies. In real life, she loves lipstick and fashion...and she's still a bad-ass.
6. Naomi Grossman as Pepper on American Horror Story
If this isn't the craziest transformation you've ever seen, you're lying.
7. Johnny Galecki as Leonard Hofstadter on Big Bang Theory
Galecki grew up in front of our eyes on Roseanne, and now we get to see that drastic transformation on the CBS hit comedy. However, in real life you probably wouldn't recognize him on the street.
8. Michael Dorn as Worf on Star Trek
It would be hard to recognize ANYONE with that prosthetic forehead!
9. Ariel Winter as Alex Dunphy on Modern Family
Since emancipating from her mother, Winter has embraced her personal style and is not afraid to try new fashion styles and hair trends.
10. Lennon Stella as Maddie James on Nashville
The Canadian singer made her mark as a young girl on Nashville, and now she's finding her way through her teen years and loving every minute of it!
11. Guillermo Diaz as Huck on Scandal
Playing an abused, tortured, ex-government hitman, Diaz certainly keeps better groomed when not filming.
12. Jaleel White as Steve Urkel on Family Matters
Would you have recognized him without his signature glasses and suspenders? Most people wouldn't.
13. Andrew Lincoln as Rick Grimes on The Walking Dead
When he's not yelling at Carl, Lincoln cleans up pretty nicely! It's probably easier to shave when you don't have zombies chasing after you.
14. Kevin McHale as Artie on Glee
The former boy band member looks a lot different than his wheelchair-bound character. The producers of the show said one of their biggest mistakes was casting McHale in a wheelchair because he was the show's best dancer.
15. Lana Parilla as Evil Queen on Once Upon A Time
She's not evil at all in real life! Parilla has a million dollar smile and absolutely NO evil powers.
Which ones surprised you the most?