I always keep a can of crescent roll dough in my fridge for last minute dinner and snack ideas. These Crunchy Nacho Crescent Dogs put the dough to good use, and my whole family can't get enough of this recipe!
These oh-so-cheesy hot dogs have the perfect crunchy-doughy combination that'll satisfy any bout of hunger. What're you waiting for? Whip up this delicious snack!
- 1 tube refrigerated crescent rolls
- 4 slices American cheese
- 4 hot dogs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 cups crushed Doritos
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with nonstick spray or parchment paper.
- Roll out the tube of crescent dough and put two triangles together to create a rectangle for each finished crescent dog. Pinch together the perforated edges to ensure there are no gaps in the dough. Place the cheese in the center of the rectangle, then top with a hot dog. Fold in all the short edges of the crescent dough, then completely roll dough over the hot dogs, pinching any edges together to ensure a tight seal.
- Brush each rolled hot dog lightly with milk, then roll to coat generously with the crushed Doritos.
- Place rolled hot dogs on the prepared baking sheet, then bake until the dough is cooked through and golden brown, about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve immediately with or without your choice of dipping sauce. Enjoy!