This incredibly easy appetizer can be thrown together in less than 20 minutes! And no guest will forget how gooey and delicious it was.
Salty Pillsbury dinner roll dough and your favorite brie is all you really need! After spending 15 min in the oven your brie wheels will be transformed into a cheese bowl of molten cheese! Irresistibly cheesy!
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter, chopped
- 2 tubes pillsbury dinner rolls
- drizzle of olive oil
- 2 tbsp fine cornmeal
- 3 small wheels Camembert
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tbsp poppy seeds
- 3 tbsp sesame seeds
- Grease with olive oil and line your largest baking tray with parchment. Grease the parchment too, then scatter over the cornmeal. Remove the cheeses from their boxes and place on the tray, spaced well apart. Brush each one with a little oil, slash the tops a few times with a sharp knife and poke in some fresh herbs.
- Pour the egg into a shallow dish, the poppy seeds in another and the sesame in a third. Take a small piece of dough (about the size of a whole walnut ) and roll it into a ball. Dip the top in egg, then into one of the dishes of seeds, and place on the baking tray, seeded-side up. Continue rolling and dunking the dough, leaving every third piece seedless, filling the tray but leaving a little space between each ball of dough. When you have used all the dough, you may need to reposition the dough balls to ensure the baking tray is evenly covered.
- Heat oven to 320 degrees. Cover the tray with a few sheets of oiled cling film and leave for 30 mins-1 hr until the dough has doubled in size and the balls are touching. Bake for 25-30 mins until the dough balls are cooked through and the cheese is oozy and melted. Leave to cool for 5 mins, then serve.