When I was growing up my grandma made a million desserts with either Jell-o or some sort of pudding mix. Sometimes when I think back I wonder if this was her easy way out of baking or if she had a genuine love for this kind of stuff.
Either way, one of the few I genuinely liked was this one because I cant pass up a good old banana split! I made it for my family and to my surprise, my kids and husband liked it as well! Thanks grandma for a continued dessert tradition!
- 1 - 3.4 ounce box instant banana pudding
- 1 - 20 ounce can crushed pineapple (do not drain)
- 1 - 8 ounce container Cool Whip
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts + 2 Tablespoons for garnish
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced
- 2 - 10 ounce jars maraschino cherries, halved
- Mix together the dry pudding mix and pineapple (with juice) together until completely dissolved.
- Gently fold in the cool whip followed by the marshmallows, nuts, chocolate chips bananas and cherries.
- Place the pudding in the fridge for a minimum of one hour to set and chill.
- Serve and garnish with fresh whip cream and more crushed nuts