Lactose is a problem for some of us and some of us are vegans and choose not to eat dairy. This shouldn't mean that you can't enjoy cheesecake.
Who would've thought cashews can be made into a smooth cake that you can't even tell it's not a real cheesecake?! Not only is this cake velvety and delicious, it can be enjoy by everyone!
- 4 cups raw cashews, soak for 1 hour then drain and rinse
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 cups whole raw pecans
- � cup pitted soft dates, chopped
- � teaspoon salt
- In a blender, combine soaked cashews, water, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla and lemon juice. Blend at high speed until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse pecans, dates and salt until smooth. Press into bottom
- of 9-inch springform pan.
- Pour filling over crust and freeze for 2 hours. This cake can be kept in the freezer for up to 1 month.
- When you are ready to serve, remove from freezer and set aside to thaw for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove pan sides and slice.