There's nothing better than comfort food after a long hard day. I don't know what exactly it is but there is something to be said for carb filled, cheesy, creamy goodness. I could chow down on a plate of this double baked cheesy casserole ANY day.
With just a few simple ingredients, this twice baked potato casserole makes the perfect side to any dish! Spice it up and add some of your favorite meat to it and make it a meal all on its own!
- 6-7 medium baked red potatoes
- � teaspoon of salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb cooked and chopped bacon
- 3 cups sour cream
- 1 � cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 � cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Sliced green onion, approx. 4 pieces
- Cut baked potatoes into 1 inch cubes. Place half in a greased 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Sprinkle potatoes with half of the bacon, salt and pepper.
- Add 1 � cups of sour cream and half of both cheeses in layering pattern.
- Repeat with remaining sour cream and cheese.
- Top with remaining bacon.
- Bake uncovered at 350� for 20-25 minutes or until cheeses are melted. Garnish with sliced green onion, ENJOY!