I've had plenty of chili cheese dogs in my day, but this Chili Cheese Dog Pizza brings things to a whole new level bringing the replacement of hot dog buns with pizza dough.
This is such an easy weeknight dinner that the whole family will love. Whip this up in about 30 minutes for a dish that's great to add to your rotation!
- 1 can refrigerated pizza dough
- 5 hot dogs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 cup chili with beans
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- � cup dill pickles, chopped
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1-2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1-2 tablespoons mustard
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a large baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Unroll pizza dough onto the baking sheet, pressing the dough into a 13x9-inch rectangle. Pinch the edges of the dough to form a rim.
- Prick the hot dogs all over with a fork to keep them straight while cooking, then cut diagonally into �-inch slices (you should get about 9-10 slices per hot dog). Place slices of hot dog onto the dough, pressing down gently to get them to stick.
- In a small bowl, stir together the oil and garlic, then drizzle evenly over the dough and hot dogs.
- Bake 15-18 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
- While baking, heat the chili over medium-low heat 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
- Spoon chili over the hot dogs, spreading evenly, then sprinkle with onion, pickles, and cheese.
- Stick back in the oven another 2-3 minutes, or until the cheese melts. Drizzle ketchup and mustard over the pizza, then serve. Enjoy!