Box brownie mix are begging you to play around with the recipe, it's pretty much a blank slate for you to add any of your fav flavors you want!
Coffee needs cream and the brownie version is no different. Chewy fudge brownie topped with a coffee frosting and a dark chocolate ganache will take after meal coffee to a whole new level!
For the brownies:
- 1 box brownie mix + ingredients required on the box
For the coffee frosting:
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 � teaspoons instant coffee granules
- � cup butter, softened
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 � cups powdered sugar
For the chocolate ganache:
- � cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper and nonstick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, prepare the brownies according to box directions. Pour evenly into prepared baking dish and bake according to box directions. When done, cool on a wire rack until completely cooled.
- To prepare the coffee frosting, in a small bowl, whisk together the heavy cream and instant coffee granules. In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter and salt until smooth, then add in the powdered sugar in increments, and then the coffee cream. Beat together with a hand mixer until fluffy, then spread evenly on top of the cooled brownies.
- To prepare the chocolate ganache, in a medium bowl combine the dark chocolate chips and heavy cream, then microwave for 30 seconds, stirring until melted. If needed, microwave an additional 15-30 seconds, stirring once more until fully melted and smooth. Spread evenly on top of the coffee frosting layer, then allow to set before slicing and serving.