My whole family loves meatloaf, but sometimes I dread turning on the oven and want to pull out my trusty crockpot instead.
This Crockpot Meatloaf is so simple to make in the slow cooker, and it's just as moist and delicious as the classic you know and love. Serve this with your favorite fixin's for a meal full of flavor.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups onions, diced
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ⅓ cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 pounds lean ground beef
- � cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- � cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup ketchup
- In a medium pan over medium heat, heat up the olive oil, then saute the onions until soft but not yet browned. Season with salt and pepper, then mix in the chicken broth, soy sauce, and tomato paste until well-combined. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the ground beef, sauteed onion mixture, parsley, eggs, and breadcrumbs until just combined - do not overmix.
- Prepare your slow cooker with a lining of 3 sheets of foil, directly on top of each other. Fold the sides over to create a handle you can later use to remove the meatloaf.
- Add the meatloaf mixture to the slow cooker on top of the foil and form into a loaf. Evenly spread ketchup on top, then cover and cook meatloaf on low about 4 hours, or until it reaches 160 degrees.
- When meatloaf is cooked, carefully remove from the slow cooker using the foil handles. If desired, broil the meatloaf in the oven 2-5 minutes, or until the ketchup has caramelized. Enjoy!