This classic Chinese dish is a super easy way to use up leftover rice that you have in the fridge. What's even better is that this meal comes together in 20 minutes, meaning you can make it any day of the week. Your family's going to love it!
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1 white onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 4 cups cooked rice, chilled in the fridge
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- Heat 1/2 tbsp butter in a large pan over medium high heat. Once butter melts add the whisked eggs and cook, stirring frequently. Once cooked remove the eggs to a plate and set aside.
- Place pan back on the heat and add 1 tbsp butter. Once the butter has melted add the onion, carrots, peas, garlic and salt and pepper. Cook until softened slightly (about 5 minutes).
- Add 1 1/2 tbsp butter, sliced green onions, cooked rice, soy sauce and oyster sauce. Mix everything together and add back in the cooked egg you set aside earlier.
- Remove pan from heat and add the sesame oil, stir. Your fried rice is now ready to be enjoyed! Top with more sliced green onions (optional).
Have you ever made fried rice at home before? What ingredients do you add?
You can watch our video below that shows you step by step how to make this delicious and easy fried rice. Enjoy!