Sometimes it's fun to try a different way to cook something you have cooked a million times. A new spin on a classic that will sure impress anyone you decide to cook this for!
Lasagna that can be sliced like a pie! Yes please! By wrapping your lasagna in noodles you ensure all that gooey cheese stays where it belongs and every slice will be as good as the first!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 jar tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 box lasagna noodles
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
- 1 cup Parmesan, grated and divided
- 2 cups ricotta cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown ground beef in a frying pan over medium high heat, then drain any excess grease. Add tomato sauce, oregano, and basil, then set aside.
- Cook the lasagna noodles, cooking about 3 minutes less than recommended on the package. Drain well.
- Use a heavy 2.5-quart oven-safe bowl and spray it with nonstick spray. Layer noodles in bowl, overlapping slightly to keep everything in.
- Start with a layer of half mozzarella and parmesan, then sauce and ricotta. Next, cut the remaining noodles in half and create a layer with the halves. Then add the remaining parmesan, 1 cup mozzarella, remaining sauce, remaining ricotta, and remaining mozzarella. Fold the ends of the noodles back over to seal everything up.
- Bake about 75 minutes, then remove from the oven and let sit for AT LEAST 20 minutes before flipping and cutting. Cover the top with foil midway through baking if needed to prevent burning.