Blackened Shrimp Nachos for your next Saturday night get together! Take a new twist on the classic chicken nachos and add a little seafood to the mix. Blackened shrimp also adds that little touch of spice that we all know if an absolute must for nachos! Give them a try!
- 1 pound deveined, peeled shrimp, 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 tablespoon blackened seasoning- Old Bay is awesome)
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- 1 jar fresh pico de gallo
- 1 package shredded Mexican cheese
- Optional: Cilantro for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- If using Omaha Steaks shrimp, prepare blackened shrimp according to package instructions then set shrimp aside.
- Or if you are making your own using shrimp, add 2 tablespoons olive oil to a cast iron or heavy bottom skillet over medium high heat. Season shrimp with blackened seasoning by adding to a bag and shaking the shrimp to make the seasoning stick evenly. Fry shrimp in an even layer for
- 2 minutes on each side and set aside.
- Next begin layering process. Add half of tortilla chips, followed by half of pico de gallo and half of cheese then repeat with remaining tortilla chips, pico de gallo and shredded cheese.
- Top nachos with shrimp and bake for 10-15 minutes or until everything has melted together and is hot and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes then top with cilantro (if desired) and serve.