Summer is the best season to snack - especially on camping trips.
But after a number of popular food products have been recalled, we've been questioning the safety of these snacks.
One contaminated food product that received a lot of news attention was McDonald's salad, after more than a hundred people across the country contracted an intestinal parasite.
This same parasite was also found in Del Monte's vegetable dip trays, which left approximately 200 people in the hospital.
As for more popular snacks, Kellogg's made an urgent nationwide recall for their Honey Smacks Cereal just last week, claiming they had a major Salmonella outbreak.
And only a few days ago, many Ritz cracker products were recalled as a precaution over Salmonella concerns.
Now, another favorite American snack is being taken off the shelves, and no one's happy about it...
Pepperidge Farm, which owns "Goldfish crackers," is advising consumers who have recently purchased their products to discard them or get reimbursed.
They believe a number of their products may have been contaminated with Salmonella, and as a precaution they are pulling these snacks off store shelves.
These products have been distributed in both the U.S. and Canada, but so far no illnesses have been reported.
Like Ritz cracker products, Pepperidge Farm was notified that their whey powder supplier may have been in the potential presence of Salmonella.
This bacteria has potentially lethal effects on the young, elderly, and people with a weak immune system. Salmonella can show itself as food poisoning in healthy people, but it's still cause for concern.
Here are all the products included in the recall:
- Flavor Blasted� Xtra Cheddar
- Flavor Blasted� Sour Cream & Onion
- Goldfish� Baked with Whole Grain Xtra Cheddar
- Goldfish� Mix Xtra Cheddar + Pretzel
It's not only food products that are pulling back their products. The FDA announced that three pharmaceutical companies are being forced to recall their pills for heart failure and high blood pressure after finding a defect known to cause cancer. Read more about the story here.
[H/T: Fox 6]