Planting pine trees can provides shade, windbreaks and screening in the environment.
They can also offer us some less obvious benefits such as the soothing sounds of wind through the pine branches and aromatic fragrances from leaves and sap. I personally love pine trees because they remind me of Christmas time.
There are about 114 species of pines, native mostly to the Northern Hemisphere. They do grow throughout the world though mainly as ornamentals.
I came across a post in my Facebook feed today that I thought you might like too.
It shows how we can grow our own pines in only 5 simple steps.
1. Go to the woods. Get a pinecone.???
2. Put the pinecone in a pot - so that most of it stands out.
3. Pour it every day with a small amount of water, as excess water will make the pinecone rot.
4. After some time, a tiny tree will appear.
5. Congratulations - they just started oxygen production and you have a piece of forest in your own home.???.
You're doing something for nature, and you'll see what nature does for you..... ???