Get ready to treat your taste buds, because KFC has announced it's launching three cocktails made with its iconic gravy.
Previously known for its marketing campaigns including a KFC smartphone, a streetwear collection, and fried chicken scented bath bombs, KFC has upped its game by creating the "stocktail" - a one-of-a-kind beverage that is sure to get everyone talking.
Stocktails have recently become popular at bars and pubs, based on its unique flavor.
"Bartenders are stirring and shaking animal stock and bone broth into cocktails served warm and chilled to add a new savory element to seasonal drinking," Liquor.com said about the trendy new drink.
Marion Racine, marketing manager at KFC UK & Ireland told The Independent the company's gravy is the best sauce to use in this new fad.
"Our fans repeatedly express their love for our gravy, which always sparks ideas within the team. We know our gravy is good enough to drink "� so with stocktails being a real hit at the moment, what better ingredient to take them to the next level?" Racine said.
Patrick, a professional mixologist agreed, and said the key to perfecting the stocktail rested in finding flavors that complimented the gravy.
"When KFC came to me with the idea of creating genuine gravy cocktails, based on the growing trend of stocktails, I just couldn't resist. The key was to find flavors and ingredients which perfectly complimented the distinctive taste of KFC gravy," Patrick said. "For example, the Kentucky bourbon in The Southern Twist brings mellow, sweet spice notes to stand up against the savory gravy. The herbal note of parsley on the rim brightens the sip with the brown sugar softening the kick of bourbon and uniting the flavors."�
As the fast food joint doesn't have a liquor license, you'll have to make these drinks at home. But don't worry, making these stocktails are easier than you think.
KFC has provided three recipes for its new gravy-infused drinks, and they couldn't be easier to make.
The Gravy Mary
- 50ml Vodka
- 20ml KFC Gravy
- Spice mix: 20ml Worcester sauce, 3 drops Tabasco, 3 grinds white pepper, pinch of
- celery salt, pinch of paprika, half teaspoon horseradish cream
- 15ml Fresh lemon juice
- 90ml Tomato juice
- To garnish: Celery, Popcorn Chicken
- To create the spice mix, grab a tall glass and pour Tabasco sauce, Worcester sauce, white pepper, celery salt, paprika, and horseradish cream into it. Cover firmly and shake
- Next, add your vodka and the spice mix and pour in the lemon juice, tomato juice and mix again
- Add in your KFC Gravy into the mix, stir all of the ingredients together and pour into a fresh highball glass.
- Finish with celery and a small skewer of popcorn chicken.
The Finger Lickin' Sour
- 100ml KFC Gravy
- 400ml Mezcal
- 15ml Cherry liqueur
- 25ml Fresh lemon juice
- 10ml Orange marmalade
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 1 Egg white
- To garnish: Thyme Sprig
- Pour the mezcal and the KFC Gravy into a tall glass. Cover firmly and shake
- Place the glass into the freezer and freeze for three hours
- Once frozen, pour the gravy infused mescal through a strainer and clean cloth into a fresh glass
- Squeeze the lemon into the glass, add the marmalade, salt & pepper and egg white then shake again
- Pour the cocktail mixture into a martini glass and sprinkle with thyme to finish
The Southern Twist
- 50ml Kentucky Bourbon
- 60ml Fresh hot KFC Gravy
- x2 Grinds black pepper
- x2 teaspoons granulated brown sugar
- x4 teaspoons dried parsley
- To garnish: Parsley and brown sugar rim
- To create your parsley & brown sugar rim:
- Chop the parsley and mix with the brown sugar in a bowl
- Cut the lemon and coat the rim of the glass with it
- Dip the rim of the glass into the chopped parsley and brown sugar mixture
To create your cocktail:
- Add ice cubes and your Kentucky Bourbon to your rocks glass
- Finally pour your KFC Gravy into the glass, give it a mix and enjoy
Would you jump on KFC's gravy train and try a stocktail?