These fudgy little cookies are simply sensational. Heavenly chocolate and peppermint flavors in perfect balance... Each bite present you with whole range of pleasurable textures... You get the a soft, chewy cookie, beautifully covered with a flawless cream cheese frosting, and topped with a light, refreshing sprinkling of crunchy crushed candy cane.
There are a few steps involved in making these, but they're totally worth every minute of it! Best of all, bragging rights go to you for making these from-scratch delights, which are sure to be a holiday hit.
- 1/2 cup (4 oz) unsalted butter, diced into 4 pieces
- 1 cup (6 oz) good quality semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 oz unsweetened baking chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1 1/4 cups (175g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2/3 cup packed (148g) light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (74g) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- Peppermint Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 2 cups (236g) powdered sugar
- Crushed peppermint candy cane, for topping
Mix in vanilla extract and peppermint extract.
Mix in cooled chocolate mixture.
Using a wooden spoon, stir dry mixture into egg/chocolate mixture just until combined. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill until partially set, about 45 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees during last 10 minutes of chilling.
Once cool frost with Peppermint Cream Cheese Frosting then sprinkle with crushed candy canes.