It's time to get creative with your desserts and bring some ocean magic to your next party! Host a kid's birthday party or a beach themed summer get-together with these adorable ocean delights. Each recipe is delicious and totally unique, and will leave all your guests in awe of your culinary talents.
- Food Coloring
- M&M Candies
- Candy Eyes
- Add your choice of food coloring to your frosting. Feel free to get creative with the colors of your fish! There are no rules when it comes to your fish's' colors.
- Frost your cupcakes and set aside.
- Next you'll add your candy scales and lips to your fish using M&Ms. Pick out two red M&Ms along with the colors you want to use for scales.
- Begin by placing the two red M&Ms on their sides to be the mouth of your fish. Next, take your scales and place the candies on their side in a row down the middle of the cupcake. Repeat until half of the fish is covered in M&M scales.
- Finally, add one candy eye to your fish and they're ready to be enjoyed! Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Goldfish Rice Krispie Treats
- Rice Krispies Squares (homemade or store bought)
- Blue Candy Melts
- Goldfish Crackers
- Paper Straws or Lollipop Sticks
- Pearl Sprinkles
- Stick a paper straw in one end of your rice krispies squares.
- Melt the blue candy melts in the microwave in 30 second increments until smooth.
- Dip the top half of the rice krispies treats in the blue candy melts and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place two goldfish crackers on the candy melt section of the treat. Next, add your pearl sprinkles 'bubbles' above each fish. Make sure to do this before the candy melts harden.
- Let the candy melts fully harden (you can speed this up by popping them in the fridge for 20 min).
- Serve and enjoy!
- Nilla Wafer Cookies
- Frosting + food coloring of your choice
- White Gumballs
- Spread with a knife or pipe your frosting on one of the wafer cookies.
- Take another wafer and create a 'sandwich' with the frosting in the middle. Push the two wafer together on one end so that they make a clam shape.
- Place one white gumball into the frosting on the open end of your 'oyster'.
- Your beautiful oyster cookies are now ready to be enjoyed!
- Blue Hard Candies
- Shark Gummies
- Airheads Candy
- Lollipop Sticks
- Preheat your oven to 275 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place 3 blue hard candies (we used Jolly Ranchers) on the sheet and place in the oven to melt together for 4-5 min.
- Remove from the oven and place a lollipop stick in each blue blob of melted candy. Let harden for 5 minutes.
- Cut your Airheads into seaweed shapes. You may need to play with them a little to get the look you want.
- Wet the backs of the seaweed and place on lollipop (3-4 pieces should do).
- Wet the bottom of the gummy shark and place on your lollipop. Your shark lollipops are now ready to be served!
Caramel Rice Krispie Starfish
- 9 cups Rice Krispies
- � cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- � cup light corn syrup
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- Candy eyes
- Starfish sand toy
- Plastic wrap
- Place butter, brown sugar and corn syrup in saucepan over medium heat. Stir until butter is melted and place lid on pan for 1 min.
- Remove lid and let boil for 2 min.
- Remove the pot from heat add the sweetened condensed milk and stir.
- Return the pot to the heat and boil for 3 min.
- Pour mixture over the Rice Krispies and stir. Let cool 10 min.
- Line the starfish molds with plastic wrap and fill with cereal. Press cereal into the molds so that it will hold its shape.
- Un-mold the treats and add candy eyes. You can use frosting, candy melts or melted chocolate as 'glue' to keep them in place.
- Once completely cooled they're ready to be gobbled up!
Which ocean themed dessert will you make first?
Check out our video below that shows you step by step how to make each of these delicious and adorable under the sea recipe.