Icing cupcakes has never been easier or more impressive! Russian piping tips will take your frosted desserts to the next level.
Each tip has a slightly different pattern that helps you to create beautiful flowers on all your cakes and cupcakes. The best part? You don't need any special cake decorating skills - the piping tips do all the hard work for you!
Below you can find an easy buttercream recipe along with photos of how the icing looks once it's piped out of each of the piping tips. Let us know how your icing creations turn out!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 2 tbsp milk (or cream)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- food coloring, if desired (we used gel food coloring)
- Use the whisk attachment on your stand mixer to beat the butter until creamy.
- Add the icing sugar (gradually), followed by the milk.
- Stir in the salt, vanilla and your choice of food coloring. Your icing is now ready to use!
Like anything you do, practice makes perfect. Don't be afraid to get creative with your icing colors to see what types of designs you can make. You can also use the leaf tip from a traditional piping tip set to create leaves for your flowers. Remember, it's all about having fun!
Check out our video below that shows each tip being used to ice cupcakes.