Deviled eggs are a classic appetizer, but why not be unique and go with a little more of a comfort food spin - Deviled Potatoes are packed with undeniable flavor and are perfect for your next get-together!
It's so simple baking up baby potatoes, scooping out the inside and filling them back in with some yummy additions. Feel free to experiment with different herbs and fillings to find your favorite combo!
- 1 pound baby red potatoes (about 15)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons brined capers, drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley or dill
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place potatoes in a small bowl, and drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of the salt, then toss to coat. Spread potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet, and bake until tender when pierced, about 40 minutes. Remove from oven, and cool 15 minutes.
- Cut each potato in half crosswise. Carefully scoop out potato pulp into a medium bowl, leaving shells intact. Place shells, cut side up, on baking sheet, and bake in preheated oven until dry, about 10 more minutes. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Stir together scooped potato, sour cream, capers, parsley, dill, mustard, zest, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Spoon mixture generously into each potato shell.