No! This is not a drill! Sweet and sour chicken jello is a REAL thing! This seemingly horrifying recipe was actually a common favorite back in the 1950's!
Bring a little vintage flair to your next cocktail party and serve up a 'unique' dish that will surely have your guests talking for weeks!
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 3oz packages of lemon flavoured gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- � cold water
- 1 tsp dry dillweed
- 1 medium green pepper, seeded and quartered
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and quartered
- 1 small carrot, sliced
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- Assorted frozen veggies
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water, add sour cream, cold water, lemon juice and and dillweed. Beat with hand mixer until blended.
- Chill until partially set.
- Place green pepper, cucumber, and carrot into blender. Add cold water and blend until coarsely chopped.
- Drain well. Add chopped vegetables and shredded chicken. Combine all together and add into gelatin mixture.
- Add combined mixture into a bundt pan mold and chill until fully set.
- Serve and fill center with fresh vegetables!