Every grammas got there own carrot cake recipe and usually and unfortunately it involves a lot of raisins! If there's anything I don't want in my carrot cake it's shriveled, crunchy raisins! Yuk!
Look, I'm not here to reinvent the wheel so lets start with a box carrot cake mix. For our top layer we're going to take it to another level with cream cheese, cool whip and vanilla frosting! Mix all these together to experience carrot cake like no other.
- 1 box carrot cake mix + ingredients
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 8 ounces cool whip
- 1 Large tub vanilla frosting
- 6 ounces cream cheese, whipped
- � cup caramel sauce
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Leave the cake in the dish it was baked in.
- Poke the cake, spread pokes evenly over the top of the cake with the bottom of a wooden spoon. Pour the sweetened condensed milk over top, trying to fill the holes as much as possible.
- In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to beat together the cool whip, vanilla frosting, and the cream cheese until smooth. Spread over top of the cake.
- Pour the caramel sauce over top of the cake, and sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Cut and serve