Growing up you might have tried Hershey Krackel bars or Nestle's Crunch bars - I know I couldn't get enough of the chocolatey, crispy treats!
These Chocolate Krackel Bars are so easy to make, and will really bring you back as you take a bite! This version is a little healthier, with the addition of good-for-you ingredients like almond butter and unsweetened coconut flakes. The whole family will love these bars as a snack any time of day!
- 1 cup almond butter
- � cup maple syrup
- � cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- � cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- Line a 8x8-inch baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt together almond butter, maple syrup and butter or coconut oil over low-medium heat, stirring frequently. Once melted, remove from heat and stir in coconut flakes, cocoa and chocolate chips. Stir until chocolate chips are completely melted.
- Add in Rice Krispies cereal, one cup at a time, mixing until all ingredients are well-incorporated, then pour into prepared pan. Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to set.
- Slice into long bars, squares or any shape you like! Store bars in the refrigerator if you don't gobble them all up first!