I can't get over how cool these Galaxy Pops look! Not only are they beautiful, but they're tasty and easy to make. Obviously they're not an every day treat, but how awesome would it be to whip these up for a birthday party? Everyone would be amazed at your lollipop skills!
- Assortment of hard candy (we used Jolly Ranchers)
- Silicone lollipop mold
- Corn starch
- Lollipop sticks
- Crush your hard candy and separate the different colors into bowls.
- Place the crushed candy in your silicone molds. You can mix the colors or keep them separate (up to you!).
- Place your filled mold in the oven and bake at 275 degrees for 6-8 minutes. Let cool and remove from mold.
- In a pot mix 1 cup of sugar with 1/3 cup of corn syrup and 1/3 cup of water. Cook until the mixture reaches 300 degrees.
- Once boiled pour the mixture into a measuring cup and pour into your mold.
- Add edible glitter and place your hardened melted candy on the mold. Let cool and remove from mold.
- Place grape or purple candy in the mold and bake at 275 degrees for 6-8 minutes. Place your lollipop sticks in the candy while still hot.
- Add the galaxy candy on top of the melted purple candy.
- Use a hair dryer on the hot setting to reveal your galaxy!