If you're a fan of tasty barbecue, your dream job might be to travel around the country and enjoy all sorts of tasty meats, sides, and sauces. Obviously, this is a long-shot and not a real source of income, right?
According to CBS Philly, this dream can actually become a reality -- a $10,000 reality to travel and eat BBQ.
For a two-week period, Reynolds Wrap will employ its first ever Chief Grilling Officer, who will be in charge of exploring the U.S. in search of the best grilling tips, techniques, and meals. All that is asked of a Chief Grilling Officer is to travel to some of the best BBQ joints in the country, learn about their grilling culture and techniques, document everything, and eat as much as you can. Doesn't sound all that bad.
"We're on a mission here at Reynolds Wrap to identify the best grilling techniques and tips to share with backyard grillers," said Brienne Neisewander, brand direct for Foil and Reynolds Customer Products. "We're looking for a truly passionate grilling enthusiast to lead the way across the country and discover hidden grilling gems."
There are four main styles of BBQ in the U.S.: Memphis, Carolina, Kansas City, and Texas; but there are so many cities and BBQ restaurants across the country that offer delicious smoked meats. Additionally, there are over 19,000 airports, heliports, and other landing facilities across the U.S. that you can use to travel to many of these amazing BBQ locations.
From New York to the South and even some spots out West, here are some of the best places for BBQ in the United States:
- Herb's Pit Bar-B-Que: Murphy, North Carolina -- What to order: First, order enough onion rings to cover your table. Next, go with the pork rips. Lastly, enjoy!
- Dinosaur Bar-B-Que: New York City -- What to order: To get a taste of everything, go with the Traditional Sampler. You'll get chicken, ribs, brisket, and a few amazing sides.
- BrisketTown: Brooklyn, New York -- What to order: It's literally in the name ... go with the brisket.
- Wilber's: Goldsboro, North Carolina -- What to Order: Start with the fried chicken and pork, but don't sleep on the hush puppies.
- Saw's BBQ: Homewood, Alabama -- What to order: Smoked chicken and ask for their white BBQ sauce.
- The Joint: New Orleans, Louisiana -- What to order: Chalice sausage, a spicy and smoky local delight.
- Bludso's BBQ: Compton, California -- What to order: Everything.
Whether you're getting paid to travel across the country and eat BBQ or not, check out some of these awesome places and give your taste buds something to be grateful for!