What to eat? What to eat?....Something that crosses our mind on any given day. Tater tot pizza casserole is not only delicious, but perfectly fills the title of the ultimate comfort dish. Combining two favorite flavors into one amazing meal! Try it today, you won't be sorry!
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 8 bacon strips, chopped
- 2 mild Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 213 ml cans pizza sauce
- 1 800g package frozen Tater Tots
- 1/4 cup pepperoni
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add ground beef, sausage and bacon. Cook for 7 minutes. Add in mushrooms, onions, garlic and green pepper. Cook an additional 5 to 7 minutes, or until meat is cooked and veggies are softened. Stir in pizza sauce.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Spray a large casserole dish with cooking spray. Spread pizza mixture evenly on the bottom. Cover completely with Tater Tots.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and pepperoni. Bake an additional 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven and top with Italian seasoning. Serve hot.