Do you have plans for your sweetheart this Valentine's Day? If not, why not start their day off right with a lovely delicious breakfast in bed!
Show your significant other you care with heart-shaped pancakes, eggs, and more! Everyone loves a specially made breakfast just for them.
Red Velvet Pancakes
- 1� cups flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1� teaspoons baking powder
- � teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1� cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon red food coloring
- � stick butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- Whisk together all dry ingredients in a large bowl, and set aside.
- In a seperate bowl, mix together the buttermilk, eggs, vanilla, food coloring, and vinegar.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and stir until combined.
- Add in the melted butter and fold gently to mix.
- Preheat skillet to medium heat.
- Place your heart shaped cookie cutter in the pan and fill with a scoop of pancake mix.
- Cook and Enjoy!
Heart Fruit Salad
- heart shaped cookie cutters
- Slice the cantelope and watermelon so that each slice is about 3cm thick.
- Using your cookie cutters, start cutting out heart shaped fruit from the slices.
- Once your bowl is full, top it off with a handful of blue berries for a burst of color.
Heart Shaped Egg in Toast
- 2 slices of bread (your choice)
- 1 tablespoon of jam
- 2 slices of cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- Taking one slice of bread, spread a layer of jam on the slice and then top with your two slices of cheddar. Place second slice of bread on top.
- Heat your butter in a skillet on medium heat. Once the skillet is hot, add your sandwich and begin to grill until it is golden brown.
- Before flipping the sandwich over, remove the sandwich from the pan and using a heart shapped cookie cutter, cut the centre out of the sandwich.
- Return the sandwich and the heart shapped centre to the skillet and begin to grill the opposite side.
- Immediately add the egg to the heart shaped hole and allow to cook.
- Lower heat slightly to ensure your sandwich does not burn while the egg is cooking.
- Once it is cooked to how you like it, remove the sandwich from the pan.
- Transfer to a plate and serve!
- 1 sliced strawberry
- a fresh strawberry for garnish
- 3 ounces of champagne
- 2 ounces of berry juice
- Place your sliced strawberry slices in the bottom of the champagne flute.
- Add the 2 ounces of berry juice to the flute.
- Top off with the 3 ounces of champagne and garnish with a strawberry.
- Cheers and enjoy!