This dessert might look like a regular baked cake, when in fact it's completely made of fruit! Watermelon Cake is a delicious, easy to make no-bake cake you can whip up in only 20 minutes. It's perfect for those looking for a healthier treat that doesn't scrimp on flavor.
All you need to make this refreshing dessert is a large seedless watermelon, a tub of Cool Whip and a selection of fruit to use for toppings. We used kiwis, raspberries, blueberries and strawberries, but you can use whatever fruit you like. If you want to get creative with your toppings feel free to experiment with chocolate chips, nuts and shredded coconut...you really can't go wrong!
- 1 whole seedless watermelon (about 6lbs)
- 1 tub (8 oz) Cool Whip topping, thawed
- 1 kiwi, sliced
- 3 strawberries, hulled
- 1/3 cup raspberries
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- Cut 2-inch-thick slice from both ends of watermelon; discard trimmed slices.
- Stand watermelon on cutting board. Starting at top of melon, use long thin sharp knife to carefully cut between rind and fruit all around watermelon to separate rind from fruit. Remove and discard rind.
- Pat melon with paper towels to dry; place on platter. Frost with Cool Whip.
- Decorate with fruit and serve.