The 90's weren't that long ago, until you look at a calendar and realize that your old! And the 90's were over 20 years ago! One of the things I miss the most is the snacks after getting home from school. Now as a father I feel the need to give my kids the same after school experience I had.
My after school menu included a lot of different ready made pre-packaged stuff with ingredients I can't even pronounce! So allow me to show you the no so hard from scratch way to prepare these yummy snacks.
- tomato sauce
- shredded mozzarella cheese
For the Cookies:
- 1� cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- � teaspoon cinnamon
- � teaspoon salt
- � cup butter
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- � teaspoon vanilla
For the Frosting:
- � cup room-temperature unsalted butter
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- � teaspoon salt
- � teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons whole milk
- � cup rainbow sprinkles
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- pinch of sugar
- Vegetable oil, for frying
For the Brownies:
- � Cup Unsalted Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- ⅔ Cup Light Brown Sugar, Tightly Packed
- 2 Tablespoons Milk
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- � cup Unsweetened Natural Cocoa Powder
- � cup all-purpose flour
For the Topping:
- 1� Cups Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- � Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Cup M&M Minis
- Heat oven to 350� F. Place bagels on a lightly greased baking sheet, cut side up. Spread a thin layer of tomato sauce over bagels, then top with cheese and desired toppings.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until heated through. Broil for 2-3 minutes, or until cheese is spotty brown.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low and add the flour mixture until just combined. Shape the dough into a disk and wrap it tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or up to 2 days.
- While the cookies are chilling, make the icing: In a stand mixer, beat the butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy, 2 minutes. Add the salt, vanilla and 1 tablespoon of milk, and beat until smooth. Continue adding milk until the frosting is fluffy, then gently stir in the sprinkles.
- Preheat the oven to 350�. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Lightly flour a kitchen surface, then place the dough on top and lightly flour the dough. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough to a ⅛-inch thickness. Use a small cookie cutter to punch out shapes and transfer them to the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until the bottoms and edges of the cookies turn golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and transfer them to a cooling rack. When they're completely cool, dip in the frosting and serve.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a meat mallet, tenderize the chicken breast and then cut it into 2-inch pieces.
- In a bowl, combine the egg, water, and sugar. Put all of the dry ingredients into a paper bag and set aside. Coat the pieces of chicken generously in the egg mixture and then add them to the bag with flour and shake until well coated. Remove the chicken from the bag and repeat the process once more.
- Heat 2 to 3 inches of oil in a large skillet to 375 degrees. Fry the nuggets until they're golden brown, about 10 minutes. Remove the nuggets from the pan and set aside on a piece of paper towel to drain. Place the nuggets on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for an additional 7 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9x9 inch pan with foil. Spray with non stick spray.
- In a large bowl, melt butter in the microwave for 1-2 minutes.
- Whisk in sugars, eggs, milk, and vanilla. Then whisk in cocoa powder until smooth.
- Add flour gradually, until combined.
- Spread batter in prepared pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Heat heavy cream in a medium saucepan. Add chocolate chips. Stir occasionally until smooth.
- Pour ganache over brownies. Smooth with an offset spatula.
- Sprinkle with M&Ms. Refrigerate until the ganache has set.