Gummy bears are one my favorite treats, but sometimes the sugar overload just doesn't work out so well. Why not whip up some Healthy Gummy Bears, in any fruit flavor you like?!
These DIY gummy bears are seriously so easy. You can experiment with any mold you like if you can't get your hands on a gummy bear one, and you can also play around with flavors using the same amounts of whatever fruit puree you decide on (we made strawberry, mango, and blueberry). These are perfect for a healthier snack option at school...go on and give them a try!
- 1/2 cup fruit puree of choice (we used strawberry)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons gelatin
- Add fruit puree, water, honey, and lemon juice to a small saucepan, whisking together over low heat.
- Once it comes to a simmer, slowly add in the gelatin, stirring constantly to avoid having the gelatin clump together.
- Continue heating until all ingredients are gelatin is dissolved and all ingredients are well-combined.
- Remove from heat and pass through a sieve to remove any lumps from the mixture.
- Add the mixture to your molds and place in the fridge to set for 30 minutes or so.
- Remove from the molds and enjoy! Store any leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.